St. Francis – St. Hedwig School Home and School Association (HSA) works to improve the physical condition and the educational of the school. This organization also provides a social medium for the parents and promotes harmony, understanding and cooperation between the school, parents/legal guardians, and teachers. Primarily, the St. Francis – St. Hedwig School HSA supports and enhances the educational ministry of the school. It is a critical component of our mission and philosophy.
The Home School Association is a forum for parents to become involved in the education of their child(ren) through participating in activities, volunteering in the classroom or school wide programs, fundraising and building community. Throughout the year, on the school calendar, the Home and School Association will publish all coordinated activities. You are invited to participate in the HSA sponsored events. YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE in our children’s educational experience by sharing your time and talents with our school. We thank you for considering ways in which you can become more actively involved in St. Francis – St. Hedwig School.
While the HSA does not charge a yearly fee, we do require each family (Pre-K through Grade 8) to support our annual fundraising goal and encourage volunteering throughout the year. There will be a fundraising obligation of $350.00 per family. The profit (not the overall sales) from each eligible fundraiser will count towards that obligation.
View our Home and School Association By-Laws.
President – Nate Hein
Vice President – Aimee Celozzi
Secretary – Rita Myers
Treasurer – Jennifer Baehr
* Election of officers is held every other May.
HSA Meeting Schedule 2015-2016:
All meetings are at 6:30 pm and will be held in the school unless otherwise announced. Special notices will be sent out in the event any HSA meeting gets changed.
- Thursday, October 8th
- Thursday, November 12th
- Thursday, February 11th
- Thursday, March 10th
- Thursday, April 14th
- Thursday, May 12th
Home and School Association Minutes
HSA Meeting Minutes October 1, 2015
Open Secretary Position
- Nathan Hein from HSA opens the meeting with discussion of HSA opening for secretary, Jennifer Scully expressed an interested in position and Hein suggested we send out ballots for voting for position.
Update to Bi-Laws
- Also discussed terms for HSA positions rather than only a two year term, Dr. Salatto suggested the board follow the School Board where they can be re-elected to another two year term in the same position.
- Follow up: This will be researched per Dr. Salatto and will go out to vote.
Recap 2014-1015 budget
Discussion of 2015-2016 budget
- Parent questions subsidiary. Dr. Salatto will look into checking if money can be earmarked for larger amounts of money to be used on larger projects.
- Salatto is looking into applying money to purchase technology upgrades i.e. iPad, kindles.
- Salatto was going to look into the possibility of getting HSA obligation getting reduced.
Dress Down Days
- Parents questions dress down money and where the money will come from now that dress down has been reduced. Dr. Salatto addresses situation and will discuss it with staff at next meeting.
- Special event dress down days will still happen (i.e. Halloween, Christmas, etc.)
- Dr Salatto offers that the HSA takeover dances to offset the loss from dress down.
- The board needs to discuss if we have the bandwidth and anyone to chair these events.
Parent suggests volunteer hours being used for school sports (not directly related to HSA).
- Follow up: Need to discuss if volunteering for school sports can be applied towards volunteer hours.
- Parent suggests more intramurals for children not too many last year. HSA has some suggestions for the children and adults.
- The HSA needs volunteers to run intramurals during the year.
- Parent addresses parking situation and Dr. Salatto reiterates the city revised the three way stop in front of the school. The parking situation in the back is being discussed with property owners.